I’m not a particularly good customer to the local garage. And I’ve now finally gotten some progress with a chinese-copy-ECU-diagnostic-tool that I bought for my old Citroën Xantia. That’ll probably make me an even less attractive customer. However, I’ll hopefully gain a whole new level of control over the machinery.
But it’s been a long way, involving a complete laptop designated to run the arcane diagnostics-software from around Y2K, a 32-bit Win7 install and a lot of jumping through hoops to get the system going. Brings back memories of struggling with yucky Windows machines before I discovered the wonders of Linux.
Today I got the OBD2-connector loaded up with what looks like a proper firmware. Nice – I have enough paperweights as it is! Next will be seeing if it gets me in touch with the cars ECU’s.